Recommendations for swimming safely in the pool and the sea
Enjoy a bath is always a refreshing and fun activity for both children and adults. But one must follow safety tips to avoid exposing ourselves to unnecessary risks.
To safely enjoy a good dive in the beach, we share some of the Ministry of Interior of the Generalitat’s recommendations.
- Please check the status of the sea with the flags of the beach:
- The red flag means it is utterly prohibited to swim.
- The yellow flag warns that caution should be taken while one is swimming.
- The green flag confirms that the swimming conditions are good
- On arrival at the beach, you have to know where it is the supervisory staff; but also bear in mind there are some areas demarcated for water sports, which must also be respected and one should avoid swimming if digestion is not over.
- If you see someone who is suffering from any health problems, we must alert the lifeguard or call 112.
- If you are sick, you should not get inside the water and you ought to tell someone.
- Do not jump into the water in rocky areas or areas where you do not know the depth.
And in the pool you can also enjoy swimming safely. How?
- Follow the instructions of lifeguards, the signs to use the pool and the springboard for its depth.
- If children cannot swim, they must wear a vest or get a bubble adapted to their age.
- Avoid pushing children and adults, empty the chain slides or play around pool.
- You can not use any material that presents a risk to swimmers.
And now … enjoy the refreshing bath!